Possible applications through maximum design freedom
The unique construction and flexible design of the bigHead® enable a secure connection in workpieces made of plastic or composite materials without pre-drilling or punching. The bigHead® fasteners can be embedded directly during the production process or subsequently integrated or glued onto the workpiece.
With the increasing use of composite materials as a result of expanding areas of application, the challenge of finding the right connection solution for every application increases.
Our white paper examines some proven interconnect solutions within an ever-growing market.
We wish you exciting insights and enjoy reading.
> Request the white paper now
bigHead® possible applications
bigHeads® are the ideal products for creating secure connections on and in a wide variety of components. The fastening elements enable the efficient assembly of an assembly as well as a combination with a second connection element, such as:
- Threaded connections for assembling an assembly (left picture)
- Cable holder for fixing cable ties (right picture)
A pre-defined range of 156 products, supported by usage guidelines and technical data. Core range products can be used in both post-process and co-process applications.
Selected product ranges, in a wider variety of fixing type and size combinations.
- Non circular heads, including square and rectangle
- Further circular head diameters
- Additional fixings: nuts, nails, loops, pins, etc.
Adhesive bonding is the most common post-process installation technique for bigHead® products, although some solutions utilise mechanical fixation. Adhesive bonding is suitable for both metallic and non-metallic materials, including sandwich materials.
Embedding or co-processing a bigHead® includes the fastener in the parent component’s manufacturing process, such as moulding.
Your design partner
Working in partnership from early on in the design phase, bigHead® can help you avoid design, fastening or assembly compromises.
bigHead® has the knowledge and expertise to support your design and engineering activities across multiple stakeholders.
- Technical information and guidelines
- Design and assembly review
- Materials and manufacturing process integration
- Applications engineering support
- Testing and validation
- Prototyping and samples
If the pre-defined core and extended ranges don’t meet your exact requirements, bigHead® can offer a multitude of ways for you to optimise your product solution.
- Different sizes and configurations for maximising fastening possibilities
- Coatings options to suit wide-ranging requirements
- Features for optimising manufacturing process integration, assembly operations
- Products that fulfil specific application or performance requirements
- Design and development from prototype to full-scale production
- Testing and validation and applications engineering support