Get in contact with us

Telephone

Austria

Tel.: +43 732 257700

Contact form

We are happy to answer your questions.

> Contact
companyBanner1

The history of KVT-Fastening

The history of KVT-Fastening began over 85 years ago with the foundation of a small lightweight construction company in Switzerland. The company can today look back on a successful history, and forward to a promising future for which KVT is well positioned with its innovative fastening technology products and solutions as well as its worldwide presence.

KVT-Fastening - a partner you can rely on

  • Since 1927, Dr. Ing. Max Koenig offered engineering services in Zurich for the area of lightweight construction. The company, named after its founder, focused at custom-made sheet metal works and represents the roots of today’s KVT-Fastening.
  • In 1950, the portfolio of the company was extended to include blind rivets and fastening elements. At the end of the year, the company moved into its new headquarters in Dietikon.
  • In 1963, the company changed its name into ‘Dr. Ing. Koenig AG’.
  • In 1970, the company stepped into the sealing business. Starting in 1974, the KOENIG-EXPANDER®, which is used in a wide range of hydraulic and pneumatic systems, was and still is developed and produced in Dietikon.
  • In 1973, a second location from the Dr. Ing. Koenig AG was founded in Illerrieden, Germany. The 100% subsidiary was called Koenig Verbindungstechnik GmbH.
  • In 1985, Dr. Ing. Koenig AG became “Koenig Verbindungstechnik AG” (KVT).
  • In 1988, Debrunner-Koenig Holding (DKH) was founded as a member of the Klöckner Group.
  • In 1992, the Austrian company mbb was acquired and henceforth KVT was represented in Asten/ Linz.
  • In 2000, KVT expanded the international presence with its location in Gdañsk, Poland.
  • Starting in 2005, the Czech market was served by the KVT branch office in Brno.
  • In 2007 and 2008, KVT acquired the two US companies Sherex Industries and Farmington Engineering and established SFC Koenig, LLC, the first non-European branch. From that moment, the American market was served by KVT directly and on site.
  • In 2008, as the result of a leveraged buy-out Koenig Verbindungstechnik parted company with Debrunner-Koenig Holding AG.
  • In 2010, KVT expanded its international presence to Ljubljana, Slovenia; Bucharest, Rumania; Bratislava, Slovakia and Budapest, Hungary. SFC-Koenig LLC relocated from Madison, CT to North Haven, CT. In the same year the successful KVT branches worldwide joined forces as members of the even stronger ‘KVT Solutioneering Group’.
  • In 2011, the KVT Solutioneering Group further followed its strategy of continuous expansion into attractive markets and regions by founding national organisations in South America (Brazil) and Asia (China).
  • On 1.12.2012 the Bossard Group took over the fastening technology division from the KVT Group. Since then, the new company acts as the independent company KVT-Fastening. The market focus is on Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Central- and Eastern Europe.

The SFC-Koenig AG continues to concentrate on the business areas of sealing technology & flow control systems. With the KOENIG-EXPANDER® sealing plugs and the KOENIG-RESTRICTOR® orifices the SFC-Koenig AG is the global leader in both areas. The company is present with subsidiaries in Switzerland, Germany, USA, China and Brazil and has a wide network of over 30 distribution partners.

For the purpose of providing services, this website uses cookies. You will consent to this by clicking on “OK” and/or using our services.
Please click on privacy policy to find the information on cookies and the possibilities for modifying the terms of their storage.